17 September, 2017
Jambalaya – Low Carb
I used the make a jambalaya recipe ALL the time. However, beginning this new low carb thing, rice is off the menu. So I just put it out of my mind. Then I tried a few recipes that replaced rice with cauliflower rice and was amazed at how good it was! So I figured why not try it with my jambalaya? SUCCESS!!
Serves 8 | 1 cup = 1 serving
25 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2.5 oz White onion (diced)
- 1/2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 lb Conecuh sausage (sliced)
- 29 oz Stewed tomatoes (2-14.5oz cans)
- 12 oz Riced cauliflower (frozen)
- 10 oz Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 oz Shrimp (frozen is fine)
- Boil chicken breasts then shred.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and optional red pepper flakes. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add sausage and heat through.
- Pour cans of tomatoes into a small bowl. Cut them into bite size chunks. Add tomatoes (do not drain) and cauliflower to skillet. Heat over medium heat until it becomes bubbly.
- Add chicken and shrimp. Heat over medium/low heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve topped with chives if desired.
For the chicken, you can use 10 oz of cooked chicken or even a can of chicken. You can also reduce the amount if desired.